Getting a massage may seem like just another unnecessary expense, but it's actually a luxury that's well worth indulging in. Massages have proven health benefits that can allow you to de-stress and live life to the fullest.
Here are some of the positive benefits of a professional massage:
- Curb muscle pain: Massages can work wonders with sports-related muscle injuries as well as everyday soft tissue strains.
- Ease back pain: If you suffer from back pain, you're not alone. Back pain can be debilitating and seriously effect your enjoyment of life. However, a study in 2011 found that massage helped sufferers of back pain function better than those who received no treatments. "We found the benefits of massage are about as strong as those reported for other effective treatments: medications, acupuncture, exercise and yoga," lead author Dan Cherkin said in a press release.
- Improve sleep: It's difficult to overestimate the role sleep plays in our health, since it allows us to look and feel our absolute best. If you suffer from stress-related insomnia, Mayo Clinic says that massage treatments can help you hit the snooze button.
- Provide comfort: The human touch is crucial for individuals who are searching for healthy and fulfilled lives, and massage can provide a sense of comfort and caring that can offer both mental and emotional support.
- Relieve headaches: Regular massages can help relieve the pain of chronic migraines and tension headaches as well as reducing their frequency of occurrence.
If you're in the New York area and looking for a massage, contact Body By Brooklyn today and schedule an appointment. Our experienced professionals will make you as comfortable as possible while you enjoy all the health benefits of massage.